Saturday, June 9, 2007

The Adventures of Baby Cat in Cherry Grove

posted by Tim

The Adventures of Baby Cat in Cherry Grove began a few years ago when my co-author Susan wrote a rather "catchy" tune about her own baby cat, Lily. Some time after that, before I even knew her, I was walking on the boardwalks of Cherry Grove on Fire Island and Susan picked me up, took me back to her house, and showed me her artwork. We were instant friends, and like all great friends, there was the feeling that we always knew each other, and that it was only a matter of time before we found each other once again.

Susan and I decided to collaborate on a children's book about her cat, Lily, whom she and her partner affectionately called Baby Cat. We wanted to the book to present a loving, intimate picture of Cherry Grove through the eyes of a cat. I feel that we succeeded in this goal of celebrating a community we love very much and hold so very dear to our hearts.

We published Book 1 in May 2006. We plan on releasing Book 2 in September with a book-signing in Cherry Grove. Book 3 is scheduled for a Summer 2008 release.

Goto www.baby-cat.com to read some excerpts, see some illustrations, and perhaps buy a book!


2 comments:

Freiman Stoltzfus said...

I admire Susan and Tim's creative collaboration. As a publisher and illustrator, I really appreciate their attention to whimsical detail and know that their work comes straight from the heart. Here's to the much anticipated sequel!

Me said...

Thanks, Freiman! If anyone out there absolutely loves brilliant art, you should visit www.freimanstoltzfus.com!

Have fun in Switzerland!
Timmie
xox