Thursday, June 14, 2007

Maggie McCorkle

posted by Susan in Santa Fe

All of the characters in our Baby Cat series have placed an indelible footprint or pawprint in the sands of Cherry Grove. The most famous is Maggie McCorkle, the "Mayor of Cherry Grove". What Tim and I write about Maggie in the series really happened. As she gave so much to our community, it is our intention to honor her spirit. I have drawn Maggie in that plaid shirt she wore so well. I made her look younger, too, because she was so youthful. She is featured on our website in an illustration from Baby Cat 1 with Sugar, the doe. She also has a much larger role in Baby Cat 2, engaging Lily to take risks, something we all need to do in our lives. Maggie gave me a little metal dragonfly. It hangs by my bed at Casita.

No comments: